Capitalizing on modern-day consumer electronics and providing significant advantages to existing down-hole technology.
Integrated Directional Tool based on Solid State Technology (NDM)
- Replaces traditional 3-axis tools with 25+ sensors at 50% cost.
- Meets standard MWD error model and accuracy requirements at 168° C.
- Eliminates traditional MPU, TPS, Strongback configuration by consolidating tool functionality.
- Robust & Improved Reliability; Sensors capable of surviving 10x more shock. Single board ridged mounting.
- Advanced Memory (32 MB); 65+ data points every 20 seconds + lifetime environmental logs.
- USB Plug and Play
State of the Art Decoding (NPD)
- Noralis RAID (Redundant Array of Intuitive Decoders) enabled. Never miss a downlink.
- Hardware slightly larger than an I-phone for minimal footprint and cost.
- Intrinsically Safe Design, capable of 400 Hz sample rate.
First Class Software (NISE)
One Powerful Program combining:
- Tool Programming/Roll-Testing/Memory Downloading
- Gamma Logging
- Remote Operations
- Survey Correction Algorithms
- Advanced Data Graphing and Time/Depth Consolidation
Solid State Sensors
Solutions for solid-state devices with accuracy up to 125° C exist, Noralis has now pushed accuracy and repeatability up to 165° C
Pioneering patented techniques to adapt solid-state technology meeting the accuracy and temperature requirements of modern day drilling we offer:
- 27 optimized sensors
- Innovative Low Noise Electronic Design
- Unique Sensor Geometry
- Ground Breaking Calibration Techniques
- Real Time Proprietary Sensor Algorithms
- 1000 samples/second oversample capability
Driving system reliability up while achieving a cost reduction Noralis tools come with:
- Reduced number of circuit boards
- Less Connections
- Shorter Length
- Less Complexity
Additional benefits from integrating the MWD downhole electronics:
- Lower Power Requirements - Using solid state devices eliminates the need of a "triple" power supply. All internal power on a single +5V rail.
- Failed Component Tracking - Pieces are no longer separated, all components experience the same amount of wear/tear and replaced at the same time.
- Systems Compatibility - By eliminating mix & match firmware and hardware compatibility issues are removed.
Providing direct PC access removes clunky additional surface system components.
To remain compatible with existing tools on the market the Noralis NDM also has a Q-bus interface, capable of being programmed by traditional surface units.